‘I honestly get as much out of volunteering for Dementia Forward as I put in. Often I am in the kitchen preparing the refreshments, and hear the sound of laughter from the hall, and I think that’s what it is all about. It is truly rewarding.’
Heather, Wellbeing Volunteer, Ryedale
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Dementia Forward. We couldn’t do our work without the support of our volunteers, and so we were delighted when they were recognised for their incredible commitment with a Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service – the highest award for voluntary groups. Here’s our video celebrating this fabulous achievement – Queen’s Award Video
We are always pleased to hear from new people who would like to join our team. Please complete our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible:
There are various ways you might like to get involved, but the list is not exhaustive, so please get in touch and we can discuss the best volunteering role for you:
- Wellbeing Day Services Volunteer (Harrogate, Richmond, Settle) – supporting people to engage in activities at our day services.
- Young Onset Group Volunteer (Harrogate, Scarborough, York) – working as part of a team to support a group of people living with young onset dementia on a day out to a local venue or attraction.
- Wellbeing Café Volunteer (across North Yorkshire ) – Serving refreshments, chatting to people and joining in with games and activities.
- Singing Volunteer (Harrogate) – Serving refreshments, welcoming people to the group and supporting them to join in with the singing.
- Fundraising Volunteer (across North Yorkshire) – Helping us raise funds either by holding an event or helping at one of our events, individually or as part of a group.
- Volunteer Driver or Chaperone (Harrogate) – Driving our minibus to bring people to our day services.
We offer dementia awareness training for all our volunteers, so no experience is necessary – however, the one thing all our volunteers have in common is a passion for supporting people with dementia and ensuring they remain engaged and active within their communities. We are a friendly bunch, so please get in touch either by phone or by filling in the enquiry form above. It would be great to have you on board volunteering for Dementia Forward.