Dementia Forward (DF) is a registered charity that supports people living with dementia and those who care for them. DF is the data controller under data protection legislation.
What data we will collect
In becoming a client of DF, we will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, religion, email address, address, telephone numbers. We will also collect additional information, including medical information, financial information and details of other agencies involved. With their consent, we will also collect the contact information for other people who you wish to be involved in your care.
Why we will collect it
We will collect and process your data for the purpose of understanding your needs and delivering the most appropriate services to you. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are providing the most appropriate services, support and care to you and meeting the statistical and analytical reporting requirements of the Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups and the NHS Trusts that provide funding for our work.
When you become a DF client you will be asked for your consent to use your information for other purposes. Your consent to use your information for these purposes may be granted or revoked by you at any time by calling us on 01765 601224 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The purposes for which your consent is required are:
- Sending news and information to you by post or email using an online mailing tool
- Sending you surveys from time to time to seek your opinions and/or feedback
- Using photographs that include you to promote the work of the charity. In a variety of formats including but not exclusive of social media, websites, newsletters, exhibitions, publicity materials and general press
- Sending you details of events hosted by DF or in partnership with other organisations
- Fundraising activities that support/fund the services DF deliver.
How long we will keep it
We will keep all of your data for 8 years. Your name and images may appear in publicity, websites and social media after this time.
Sharing your data
We will share information about you with other agencies that provide care and support to you when deemed appropriate.
We will share your information with Health Professionals/GPs and other agencies to provide them with information that will aid your care needs.
We will share information with emergency services if someone is unwell or in danger
We will share any necessary personal information about you, if we have good reason to believe that by not sharing we would be putting you or someone else at risk. We will share information with the police and other law enforcement agenciesfor the purpose of crime prevention or detection.
However, we will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised as your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how DF collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact DF’s data protection officer, Jill Quinn in the first instance by emailing email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by DF, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).